Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Its been a year....

Hurrayie! I’ve completed a year of my stay in the United Kingdom! Not like im countin my days here..but this time of the year is a painfully obvious reminder, joggin my memory of the panaroia Dec 2003, last year had in store for me. Its hard to imagine it was just a year back, when after a bizarre experience on the ‘Air India’ flight, a sceptical, shaky me landed at Heathrow, tryin to absorb as much of the sights, sounds n surroundings as possible! Havin never travelled out of India, i’d never thought I’d feel at home in a foreign land, but I’m glad to say I do.

Guess it is true what they say about bein independent... makes u a better person n makes a world of a difference to ones attitude n approach towards a lot of things, includin life in general. Don’t get me wrong.. its NOT like livin in India, I was a wreck in a tearing need of a makeover or was not independant, pampered enough not havin to lift a finger.. Nah! not even remotely.
Its just that livin away from parents, doin everythin on ur own, right from cookin to lookin after each n every imaginable thing (things u’d never may have thot needed attention or may have taken for granted all along earlier).. does make a difference. Not to mention, bein solely responsible for everythin, also makes one more conscientious..hmm all this may not be a big deal for someone else..well it IS for me cause i know its made me appreciate life more.

This period has taught me a lot n im glad I made my decision to come n work here. Makes me proud of whatever little I’ve achieved in this span (no doubt, thats somethin which has only been possible with a lot of hard work..nevertheless, its been worth all the effort put in).

Its been an interesting year. I’ve had my share of happiness n though there have been few setbacks.. I wont be put off by that. Thats life n I’ve learnt to take it in my stride!Will make the most of every comin year and hope 2005 turns out to be a gr8 year for one and all.. yeah me too :)!

4 Comments:

At 7:36 AM , Blogger Hifzur said...

Congratulations on making it a year :)

Cant believe its already a year !!! Time indeed does fly.

Good luck for many more years to come :)

 
At 10:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice style of writing. which part of UK are you in?

 
At 11:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Vabzzzzz couldnt find your other mail id just wanted to Wish you and all at home a Merry Christmas and a happy and Prosperous New Year
Love and Kisses
Rufina

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger vahbyz said...

hey rufina, where are you? if you are reading this get in touch on my gmail or work id.. remains the same- work- firstname.lastname@lshtm.ac.uk or on firstname at gmail.
vahbyz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home